Friday, July 6, 2012

Playing Dress Up

Being a stay at home means I get to wear sweats as long as I want on any given day. It also means that even if I put on real pants there are no guarantees that anyone will see my efforts. I love shopping but I often leave feeling silly for spending money on clothes that have no place in my real life. 

However, times are changing. I was just hired full time at an amazing company. I still can't believe that after nearly 10 months of being with my Junebug every single day that I will be away from her the majority of the week. It will be good for our entire family and I know she's going to love being with her friends all week. 

The office that I'll be working in is very casual and while I do have a few good staples in my wardrobe, I kind of panicked thinking what the heck do I wear? I have two pair of maternity jeans that fit okay and a pair of non-maternity jeans that give me severe muffin top. I have a few tops that will work but I'm quite lacking in the non-sweats department, to put it lightly. 

I somehow managed to drag Thomas to the Block to go shopping. I ended up with two colorful sweaters, two nice tops, a pair of white jeans and a pair of dark wash jeans. So now guys, what do I wear on Monday? Here are a few options: 

So friends, what do I wear? Brown top? Black and white stripes? Pink sweater? Orange sweater? Any of these can be paired with white jeans also. Comment and let me know what you think!

7 comments:

  1. They are all cute but I'm voting for stripes! I had to dress up quite a bit in my job, but I prided myself on having a work wardrobe that still showed my personality. I used to post about it on my blog! I would do a lot of bright color with work neutrals. I also lOved to wear a huge cocktail ring to sparkle away while I typed away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cocktail rings are always a good idea! I'm going to head over to your blog and check out your outfits. :)

      Delete
  2. for monday, brown top or the striped top.

    -daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daisy! So far I've gotten two votes for that striped top. I love it too!

      Delete
  3. Check out these links, they have some good ideas:

    http://hellogiggles.com/business-casual-on-a-budget

    http://hellogiggles.com/business-casual-fashionista

    ReplyDelete