Thursday, July 19, 2012

10 Months!

Oh my word, my baby is TEN MONTHS OLD! June is so incredible. I'm just astounded every day at how much she is growing and learning and mastering her little world. She's doing really well with our new schedule because of my job and loves being with her friends all day. 

This month we dealt with hand, foot and mouth disease which was one of the worst things ever. Now the scabs and blisters she had all over are starting to peel. Her little feet look like her toes are going to fall off. It's sad but she doesn't seem to mind too much.

Let's take a look at our Baby Center milestones chart.
             Most kids can       Some kids can          Few kids can
10 monthsWaves goodbye
Picks things up with pincer grasp
Crawls well, with belly off the ground
Says "mama" or "dada" to the correct parent
Indicates wants with gestures
Stands alone for a couple of seconds
Puts objects into a container
    

June has been waving for about 3 months, totally has her pincer grasp down and crawls with her belly up (finally).
She calls Thomas "Dada" but doesn't quite call me...well, anything yet. She indicates wants with gestures a lot.
She has been standing up alone for a while and can pull herself up to standing too. (It's so amazing!) She can also put objects in containers. 

So, let's review. My baby is rad. 

Just kidding but seriously, she's so smart and I love seeing the way she explores the world. Her favorite thing is for Thomas to lay down and then she uses his legs to pull herself up and stand. She can even stand with toys in her hands and pick them up while standing. 

She's just as impressed as you are!
I have said since she was born that she'll be walking by the time she's ten months and we are SO close. (I probably say that every month but this time is real!) Next Friday is my dear baby sister's wedding. June is the flower girl and I can't wait to get her in her whole outfit and watch Thomas carry her down the aisle. Sweet baby girl. 

How are your babies doing? What new fun things are they doing? 

3 comments:

  1. The first thing Jonah called me was "this"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake has been saying "mama" but it's not connected to me -- he just repeats it. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete