Monday, July 16, 2012

Hashtag: Where's Mark to Clean My House?

Oh, friends, I've had a crazy week! I started my new job (amazing) and went to my baby sister's bachelorette party (double amazing). What I didn't do was clean...or cook...or even pick my house up in the least. 

I've never been a great cleaner. Actually, let me rephrase. I'm a good cleaner but I've never been a very tidy person. I'm a little cluttered and create piles throughout the house of things to "put away" that tend to just sit there. I'm good at vacuuming. I'm good at deep cleaning. I just can't deal with the clutter. 

Now that I'm working a full time job, I'm out of the house from 730am to 630pm. Not only do I come home later than I'm used to but I'm also just exhausted. ((To be honest, I'm less tired than I was staying home but it's a different type of tired.)) So here's where you come in - HELP! What do you do to keep your house clean? Do you save all of the cleaning until Saturday? Do you do a little every night? 

I have to say though, I have the best husband. Seriously. I came home Sunday afternoon to a clean house and a terribly happy baby. He is so good to us.


Here's a fun picture from the weekend:
My sister, Emily (in the hat) and her bridesmaid, Marie (with the cute foot pop) riding in our sweet Cadillac golf cart!

7 comments:

  1. I make sure everything has a place and that it's near where it's supposed to be used. Then I'm a bit more inclined to put it away immediately because a) I don't have to figure out where it goes and b) I don't have to go far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I totally understand how you feel about the clutter of the house! I have the same dillemma every week! Now, granted I don't have a husband or kid, but trying to have a cleaning schedule is sooooo exhausting! I know for me that after working about 10 hours at preschool, all I want to when I get home is sink into the couch! But what I have found that works for me is have one day for the major things that need to be cleaned; like Monday is dishes, Tuesday is vacuuming, Wednesday clean counters off, etc. I have to force myself to actually do all these things, but if I give myself a pep talk on the way home "If you get dishes done you can watch this or do this", I usually get things done and feel human!

    Good luck!!! And if things don't get done, oh well! Life is too short and you have an adorable baby to attend to!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clean my house on saturday. I also do my laundry on saturday. During the week i just keep my dishes done daily and a little picking up. TAMI

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think mark stayed back in palm springs. he likes the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's these cleaning charts in pinterest that look pretty simple and easy to follow. Maybe one day I'll try one out too. Lol. But for us we try to keep the main area clean with a quick tidy up before bed and dishes done when we finish eating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know.. it is so hard to keep tidying up a priority! I do all the dishes from the day right after we finish dinner, and then we tidy up every night before Summer goes to bed. It makes such a difference to wake up to a clean kitchen and a clean home! And it's nice because I force myself not to do the dishes or tidy up until those times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would clean Saturday and meal plan/shop Sunday. That way I could enjoy what little time I had at night!

    ReplyDelete