Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Survival

I survived my jaunt to Arizona without my baby! It was a very long five days that I nursed my dearest Abby back to health. I watched a lot of interesting documentaries, ate some delicious Fruity Pebble frozen yogurt, gorged on gluten and slept for more than 4 hours in a row (not by much, but I did!). I FaceTimed with my Junie on Wednesday but worried that I would confuse her. She was adorable. She reached for the phone and tried to kiss me through it. I swear she she said, "mama" while we were talking.


We're feeling the repercussions of my absence though. She cries a lot more when I leave the room than before. She wants to be held a lot more than before. She's still her adorable, funny, smart self but seems a little more anxious. I'm chalking this up to me being going and also, I think she's going to get her bottom two teeth ANYDAYNOW. I'm doing my best to accommodate her and hold her as much as I can. 


I wanted to say thank you to everyone that has commented, e-mailed me, Facebook messaged me about trying to conceive. It is awesome to hear everyone's experience. The great news is, none of you have had extensive problems conceiving! The average was 3-4 months and quite a few "accidents!" 



I also feel like I should revise my last blog about how surprised we were when Junie came along. I am an avid/compulsive tracker when it comes to my body. I have tracked my period for over 5 years and had been using the iPeriod app, I was checking my ovulation and basal temps. So in all honesty, we should not have been that surprised. I figured that I wouldn't get pregnant because we weren't "trying." We had used spermicide which apparently is not a highly effective method alone. So I suppose I know the hows of getting pregnant. I'm now curious about the whens. Does anyone have any stories of what day in their cycle they tried? I promise, soon enough I'll be done asking for weird, awkward information. But for now, hang in there with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment