Thursday, April 12, 2012

Internet Fun!

Story:
When I was in 8th grade I LIVED on email. This was the very newest and greatest form of contact. I was allowed to get my own email address, gidget1585@(something).com. I loved surveys that were passed around my 13 year old friends. I gladly filled them all out including the questions: 
What color bra are you wearing: pink! It's my favorite! 
What's your favorite hobby? Making out with my boyfriend, Brian!
I sent that particular survey around after school and when my dad came home from work he had an awfully strange look on his face. Turns out, I had accidentally sent that survey to a 60 year old co-worker of my father. Their awkward exchange consisted of the co-worker printing out the email and telling my dad (with a great lack of eye contact), "I don't think she meant to send this to me." Whoops. I don't think I got in trouble but learned a great lesson in internet safety and how to be more discreet about my love of making out with my boyfriend. 

So now, I have another survey that Suzanne from the fabulous BeBeh Blog posted. Let's play along (in a modified format)! I'll answer her 11 questions and ask 11 more. Post a picture of yourself and then answer the new questions in YOUR blog and let me know, I want to read the answers!

The few moments I was lucid after June's birth.

1. What is your favorite color and has it changed over the years? 
I'm really into pink these days. It's only changed one or two times. I used to love orange and before that was black.

2. How well do you remember your first kiss? Details, please.
  Very well! I was in 8th grade and it was my first boyfriend, Brian Hoffman. We went to see 10 Things I Hate About You and at the very end he leaned over and french kissed me. It was kind of gross but I felt like such a grown up.

3. Where is your favorite vacation spot? 
Ensenada, Mexico or Palm Springs, CA. Both for different reasons.

4. How many siblings do you have and are they older or younger? 
I have a wonderful younger sister, Emily and younger brother, Ian. I am 5 and 7 years older but as we've gotten older, we've become very close.

5. What are the baby names you used to LOVE but haven’t/wouldn’t ever use? 
I loved the name Miranda when I was younger. I also still love the names Piper, Mercy and Trace.

6. What was your first car? 
1991 Honda Accord. Loved that little car!

7. How do you feel about trivia games? 
I will ALWAYS win them. I have more useless knowledge than anyone I know.

8. What is the worst job you’ve ever had? 
I was an overnight nanny for some very, very rich parents in Laguna Beach. They would come home at 4am, wake the baby up then let me put him back to sleep. He was sick all the time because they never let him sleep. It was so sad to witness. Then one morning I woke up with the baby and the dad told me to make him (the father) pancakes. Um...no.

9. What movie do you watch every time it’s on TV (even though you probably own it)? Any Christopher Guest movie. Especially Best In Show.

10. Do you collect anything? 
I guess maybe journals/notebooks. I have a ton that are half filled with thoughts and random things. 

11. What color is your house and would you change it if you could? 
Well, we live with my parents in their gorgeous yellow house. I love it. 

Now you answer MY 11 questions.
1. What was your dream job as a kid/teen?
2. Have you ever played a sport?
3. What's your favorite guilty pleasure website?
4. If you could only drink one beverage for the rest of forever, what would it be?
5. If you could change your name (or your child's name, I know some people regret their choice), what would you change it to?
6. What is your least favorite household chore?
7. What was your favorite toy as a child?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
9. Siblings, ages, names?
10. What has been your favorite age to be, so far?
11. What is your favorite TV show? (current or not)

Now go answer them either on your blog or in the comments of my blog! Please play with me!

1 comment:

  1. I used to love these too!

    Here are mine:
    1. What was your dream job as a kid/teen?
    -veterinarian (shocker), but then I realized I had to go to school for YEARS and study science and that ended that pipe dream pretty quickly.


    2. Have you ever played a sport?
    - Negative. No sports gene. Just dance. Unless you call running a sport, and I'm not sure I'm exactly a runner yet :)

    3. What's your favorite guilty pleasure website?
    - Zappos.com.. free shipping for fabulous shoes!

    4. If you could only drink one beverage for the rest of forever, what would it be?
    - Coffee. I have an addiction problem. Or iced tea.. it's pretty tasty.

    5. If you could change your name (or your child's name, I know some people regret their choice), what would you change it to?
    - Eva

    6. What is your least favorite household chore?
    - Cleaning showers/tubs. I don't mind the rest of the bathroom but for some reason this part irks me.

    7. What was your favorite toy as a child?
    - Lite Brite! So fun!

    8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
    - San Francisco, CA

    9. Siblings, ages, names?
    - Two sisters, Emily (35) and Heather (38)

    10. What has been your favorite age to be, so far?
    -26. The year my life turned around and I found myself again. It's been uphill since then.

    11. What is your favorite TV show? (current or not)
    - Pretty addicted right now to Archer, Grey's Anatomy, Breaking Bad, and the Big Bang Theory.

    ReplyDelete