Thursday, November 24, 2011

Macy's Thanksiving Day Parade


If a deflated Ronald McDonald isn't slightly creepy, I don't know what is.

Junebug woke up at 730. Thomas had left at 615am to go play basketball and then football (yes, I'm marrying a superstar athlete). My parents had offered to take June into their room this morning because I'm still recovering from yesterday's surgery but somehow that fell through so it was just June and I laying in bed, conducting our morning routine. (Our routine: change diaper, have bottle, lay next to eachother in bed, chat, laugh, sing and then she falls back asleep while I either watch TV or get up and get things done.) June loves TV. It's kind of worrisome to me because I know they're not supposed to watch TV until age 2 or stare at a screen until then. But she loves it. She's her mother's daughter, what can I say? If she was going to watch TV this morning I wanted her to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I set her up in her swing downstairs, poured myself some much needed coffee and about five minutes before the parade started June was out cold. I'm thankful for so many things and one of those is June's fairly predictable sleep schedule. She loves her sleep, again, she's her mother's daughter. 

QUICK UPDATE:
My surgery was successful yesterday. Dr. Man came to check on me before we began and I cried. I think my tears surprised him, I have been pretty stoic through this whole ordeal. He was very understanding and told me that a hysterectomy was a possibility but a very remote possibility. I was in the OR for about an hour and recovery for about an hour as well. I don't remember very clearly talking to Dr. Man after but he told Thomas that he's confident that everything is out. What he saw while in there was scar tissue wrapped around small chunks of placenta. I'm not sure what that means or why that is but I'm glad it wasn't something completely abnormal. He also said that while checking things out they filled my uterus with saline and that ordinarily the fallopian tubes would open up. However, my right tube was closed due to scar tissue. I don't know if this will be a future issue or what it means for ovulation. I'm not going to worry about it right now. I go back for a check up in two weeks and I'll get my answers then. So hopefully this is my last stint with surgery for a long, long time! Thank you all for the prayers, thoughts, texts, emails, smoke signals. It's such an amazing reminder of how many people care for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment