Monday, November 19, 2012

Fourteen Months!

My darling child is fourteen months old. 

June is a crazy, busy, fun girl. She loves her daddy (mommy too but she's a daddy's girl). This past weekend she was pretty cuddly with me and it was wonderful. She's usually too busy to cuddle!

This month she's kind of kept the status quo with her abilities. I can tell she's trying to talk more but not really any more definitive words. Sleeping has been rough but she's also getting several teeth. Poor kid has gotten 3 teeth in the past month and two more are breaking through, including a molar.

So let's take a look at our milestone chart:
Child's Age
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)

Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)

Advanced Skills (a few kids can do
 
14 monthsEats with fingers
Empties containers of contents
Imitates others
Toddles well
Initiates games
Points to one body part when asked
Responds to instructions (e.g., "give me a kiss")
Uses a spoon or fork
Matches lids with appropriate containers
Pushes and pulls toys while walking


June has been eating with her fingers since 6 months, she's got that down! She loves emptying (and refilling) containers of their contents. And definitely can imitate others.

She is full on running these days so I'd say she toddles well! She loves peek-a-boo and can clap along to songs. She is also really good with instructions. She can bring us her shoes or socks when we ask.

She's starting using a spoon and fork this month! She's been doing really well with both! I don't know that she can match lids, we don't really have anything to test that with - only wipe containers. She can surely push and pull toys while walking and has for a few months. 

It's been a really fun few months in the Kellogg house with June really becoming a toddler. She is so passionate and curious. (Right now she's coming over and pretending to kiss me but runs away when I try to kiss her. She thinks it's so funny to psyche me out with her kisses!) 

Now for some cute pictures.

Yeah, I know.
June's first football game. UNIMPRESSED.
Also, come back Thursday. I have a blog about what I'm thankful ready to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment