Saturday, June 4, 2011

June's Violent Streak

This past week June has gotten violent. Her kicks are incredibly strong and completely visible from the outside. My new favorite thing is to set things on my tummy and watch her move them. Her routine has totally changed, also. She used to only be active late at night and early morning, basically when I wanted to sleep she would practice gymnastics. Now, she's up late at night, early morning, around lunch time and late afternoon. It seems like she's up all day! 

Monday I had the opportunity to meet a long time friend's sweet baby girl. I got to hold her for over an hour while she slept and her fab momma ate some lunch. She was absolutely precious! As if I weren't excited enough for baby June to come, sweet baby A added to my excitement ten fold. While holding that sweet swaddled baby, June began to move, more and more. Because of my growing tummy I had to hold the baby on top of my belly and June totally kicked her! Not enough to wake the slumbering princess in my arms but it was a pretty direct kick.

Tuesday, another opportunity to spend time with one of my favorite teeny tiny men. Baby C is nearly 12 weeks old and I've been his big sister's "my Amber" (aka babysitter, she calls me "her Amber") since she was around the same age and she's now two days from being 4! I've watched C a few times before starting when he was about 6 weeks old so we're kind of like best friends now. He's so expressive and loves when I talk to him. While I was feeding him this week he was starting to get a little fussy and when he started to wriggle around, June kicked him. I don't think she appreciated his fussing. When she kicked him, he looked at me like, "What the hell was that?" and continued to be annoyed.

This week is also week 23 of my pregnancy. Meaning Monday I will be 24 weeks. Which means I'll be 6 months, right? No, hold up, we apparently count months differently. Here's what I've found: some people, websites, shamans, etc say that the 6th month is 23 weeks - 27 weeks. Others say that the 6th month is 22 weeks - 26 weeks. I guess logic says that 24 weeks divided by 4 weeks equals 6 months. So needless to say, I'm a little confused. When people ask how far along I am, I just say, "Almost 6 months!" or "23 weeks!" or "Shut the hell up!" (That last one has never actually been used.) Now let's see if I can ever figure out the real date we reach the third trimester! 

My handy "fruit comparisons" are now telling me that Junebug is the size of a papaya, which sounds really yummy right now.
Use the kiwi as another fun comparison, if you wish.


Please note that my hair is not in the usual ponytail + stretchy headband. I have to look pretty sometimes.


I look smaller from the front, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment