Friday, February 1, 2013

16 Months, Debbie Downer, & 27 Weeks

Let me start by apologizing. I'm sorry I've been MIA. I've been pretty down and, frankly, depressed lately. When I feel depressed I tend to withdraw and become a little bit of a hermit. I talked to my doctor because some days I can't stop crying. I try to not let on to anyone, including family, that I'm feeling so helpless but it was becoming too much. Dr. Man suggested I get in touch with a therapist and explore therapy. He agreed that life these days is pretty hectic and that alone could be making me feel like I do but with my history of depression that it's a good idea to talk to a professional. I don't feel like this is my typical depression that I've dealt with before, that - for me - is a much deeper and darker place. That depression keeps in me bed and contemplating all sorts of negative things. This is much more surface level depression. I'm overwhelmed and very weepy. So guys, keep me in your thoughts. If you've ever dealt with depression and need someone to talk to please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I've been through it all! 

Now on to some fun stuff! June is 16 months old! Right now she has RSV and we've had one of the worst and saddest weeks we've ever had. But before this week, she was as happy as my darling could be. She's really becoming such a big kid. Tonight we took a bath together and she was pretty interested in my belly. She helped me wash it with soap and then washed her own. It was the most fun we've had all week! Let's look at our Baby Center chart - 

16 monthsTurns the pages of abook
Has temper tantrums when frustrated
Becomes attached to a soft toy or other object
Discovers the joy of climbing
Stacks three blocks
Uses spoon or fork
Learns the correct way to use common objects (e.g., the telephone)
Takes off one piece of clothing by himself
Gets finicky about food
Switches from two naps to one


June is a voracious reader and loves turning the pages. Temper tantrums...um...yeah. Those have been going on for a while. She's been very attached to her dear Bunny for months.

Oh man, she's definitely discovered the joy of climbing! She an climb onto the couch, chairs, and onto our bed. Junie is the master of the fork. It's pretty adorable. She also knows how to correctly use common objects.

June can put on and take off multiple pieces of clothes - pants, shirts, shoes, socks. In fact, mornings are a little crazy because she often refuses to let us put clothes on her, she must do it herself. Sadly, she's becoming finicky about food. She used to eat ANYTHING but the kid has a mind of her own. She's not a huge fan of chicken which was a huge staple of our diet. June's naps went down to one about 4 months ago. So incredibly sad for me but her afternoon nap is generally about 2.5 - 3 hours which is plenty of time for me to rest and get a few things done around the house. 

Another big thing in the Kellogg world is that I'm officially on disability. I've been off work for nearly 3 weeks and it's been wonderful for our family. I'm still learning to rest and how to slow down but it's been really nice to spend time with June and craft and lay in bed. 

We've made it to the third trimester! Baby Theodore is growing and moving like crazy. It's interesting how different these pregnancies have been. I'm carrying much, much lower. He prefers my right side as well as digging into my right hip/bladder as slowly and hard as he can. I don't remember being this uncomfortable with June! He does the most hilariously painful thing - Theo with burrow his head into my bladder, two feet into my ribs and his tiny hands into my hips. He completely stretches out into what feels like a starfish position. I wish I had my own ultrasound machine to see exactly what he's doing in there! 11 more weeks until we get to meet sweet boy!

Quick update on my weight: I started this pregnancy at 179 and told myself that I could not gain more than 20 pounds. I do not want to be over 200lbs. I had done really well, mainly because I was so sick and didn't gain any weight until I was 18 weeks. My 22 week check up was the day after Christmas. I was a little scared to step on the scale but figured it couldn't be that bad. It was. I gained 8lbs. IN FOUR WEEKS. I had done that with June also but not until 28 weeks. So after that I got serious. I cut down my carbs, I watched what I shoved into my face and I drank a ton more water. So four more weeks later, at my 26 week check up, I had only gained two pounds. While I wish it had been nothing, it was better than 8! So I'm now up to 190 and have 11 weeks to gain 10ish pounds. I'm giving myself a little more leeway and hoping to stay under 205 but hey, I'm happy with this now. My next check up is at 30 weeks so I'm curious how much I will have gained then! 


Sorry for the piling on of info and down-er-ness but I needed to get it off my chest! And NOW FOR PICTURES!

My darling baby doll. I just love that face!

26 weeks pregnant with June and 26 weeks with Theo. I should start doing more side by sides!

Probably the saddest picture of my doll baby ever. This was the first day of being sick and she was miserable. I can't wait until this passes!


1 comment:

  1. Little June is such a doll! And I love the name Theo! Congratulations mama, you look great!

    ReplyDelete