Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 Days

Tomorrow I will have been sober for 30 days. 

I couldn't imagine getting here when I began. It seemed like it was years away and yet now that I'm here, it seems like yesterday. 

This Wednesday I will have been in treatment for 30 days. 

But, I'm not done yet. I've made the decision to stay 30 more days. My journey has just begun and I need more time to truly grasp all that I'm dealing with in my addiction. In the next 30 days I'll get my car, look for a job and slowly transition back into real life. I really couldn't imagine jumping back into life at this point. I'm still too raw and too vulnerable. 

I've found a sponsor and made a new friend in my house manager's girlfriend. I'm really looking forward to meeting new girls and connecting with a group of girlfriends. 

Life is starting to look good. I can see the value of sobriety and how life changing this experience has been and will be. My focus has shifted from just getting it done so I can be clean to really immersing myself in recovery so that I can be a good woman. A woman that people are proud to know and a woman that my children admire. 

I'll get there one day. I know I will.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Amber! This is the random gal who left that long and sappy comment on your previous post. I just wanted to congratulate you and your progress AND on your decision to stay! That's all we can do, tell ourselves that we CAN do this, we WILL do this! I am in your corner, along with so many loving and caring friends I can see that you have! My own sobriety is not hinging on yours, by any means, but you have given me strength and have really shaken me to my core in a good way! Strength is something that is so fleeting in the first stages of sobriety. I wish you all the best and will be following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to read such an energetic and hopeful post in another 30 days...and another after that...

    ReplyDelete