Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sleep and Laundry

I'm quite aware that I have become a horrible blogger. I fully intend to blame the fact that my laptop is dying and typing on my tablet is hard. Anyway, I'm back (for now)!

So much is going on in our neck of the woods. My sweet girl will be 2 tomorrow. It's mind blowing that this little person has only been with us for two years and yet that two years have already passed. We have made a huge step forward this week. Until Sunday June still had a bottle. I know, her teeth! I knew she needed to get off of it but I just couldn't imagine going through the weaning process. After a particularly rough night Thomas and I were at the end of our ropes. We've not slept well in 2 years and it was wearing us down. Monday morning I decided to do something about it. I'm not proud of it because I feel like a mean mommy but it's working. She went to lay down for her nap and asked for a baba. I made it like normal but put taco seasoning on the nipple. I had a glass of water standing by knowing she would need to drink something. She touched the bottle to her mouth and her face was heartbreaking. I honestly felt like I betrayed her. But, the baba is now yucky. She didn't nap that day but it was worth the overall goal. She still asks once in a while but we tell her babas are yucky and she has generally accepted this. Now here is the best part - last night she slept 9 STRAIGHT hours!!!! She has never slept more than maybe 5 hours in a row. I read the book, "No Cry Sleep Solution" and loved the ideas in it. The only thing we truly changed was our routine. We now eat dinner, take a bath and read books but all starting at 6. We used to be kind of willy nilly about it but since starting a strict routine and getting her in bed by 730, she is sleeping much better. She had been going to sleep closer to 9 and still waking up at 630. She hasnt napped all week but I know she needs that still as she's still not getting enough sleep for her age. So mommas who haven't slept in eons, there is hope! (full disclosure - I still wake up with Theo so give me some leeway if I seem grumpy sometimes.)

A few weeks ago I got fed up with my house. It was messy and cluttered ans stressing me out. I created a chore list and while I don't follow it precisely, I did learn a nice trick. DO LAUNDRY EVERY DAY. With as much laundry as this family creates you would think I would have learned this a long time ago but no, I'm just now getting it. So I do one load of laundry to completion (folded and put away) a day. It has significantly reduced my stress over the house.

Do you have a chore you do every day? What is your laundry situation? I want to know!

1 comment:

  1. I do as many loads of laundry that I can every day.

    ReplyDelete