Monday, August 1, 2011

Odds and Ends

Oh my, we've made it to 32 weeks! Or 33 weeks, however you choose to count it. Eight months in and I still don't understand why people count the weeks and months differently. In any case, we've made it!

-------

I'm getting big. Not that I was small until now but my word, I feel like I've exploded. Some of my maternity tank tops barely cover my belly so my wardrobe has been severely limited. Luckily, I don't get out much so I can get away with throwing on random clothes. I broke down and bought a new pair of shorts that are the exact same as the black ones I wear almost every day. I did go wild and got them in grey so at least they're slightly different. I refuse to buy any more maternity tanks so I'm sticking with my Target long and leans for now. I'm slightly obsessed with them. 

-------

Along with my clothes starting to shrink on my growing body, the large belly is also killing my back. I had sciatica before baby girl and just kind of dealt with it but when I was around 16 weeks I saw a chiropractor because it was making my left leg numb. That was great but expensive and eventually my back somehow started feeling totally fine. However, this past week my back has flared up again. I'm debating calling the chiropractor again. Not sure if that or a massage would be more helpful. I had a fabulous (and very expensive) prenatal massage at Burke Williams about 2 months ago and that was heaven. Either way, I need some form of relief! Any tips?

-------

Car shopping is usually a lot of fun. (And when I say usually, keep in mind that I've only owned two cars in my driving career and only shopped for one of those so I actually could be totally wrong.) However, when you're trying to save money and living with your parents and eight months pregnant, it's not quite as joyous. Thomas' car is running but there's no way we could put a baby in it and while my car is pretty okay, we would truly be better off with a new (to us) car to drive with Junebug. I do like the idea of a new car but I would really rather someone just buy us one and drop it off at the house rather than shelling out the money and actually doing work for it. (That was slightly sarcastic, only because I know that's not ever going to happen.) So moms, dads, grandparents, others, what cars do you like? What do you drive?

------

My mom is in Hawaii this week celebrating one of her best friend's 50th birthday. She totally deserves this trip and I'm so happy that she gets to spend a week in paradise. But I'm really kind of bored. I'm usually home with her during the day while the daycare kids are here and sometimes we run errands together after they leave. She only left on Saturday so today was the first weekday since she's been gone. I ran two errands today but getting in and out of the hot car and walking and carrying crap and all of that is really not so much fun, especially with said large belly and aching back. 

So this was my Monday: lounged around, watched tv, ran errands, watched more tv, ate lunch, sewed and then watched even more tv. I sewed something that I'm really proud of though! I made a reusable sandwich bag! I used some fabric that we had lying around, found some velcro and only had to buy the food safe nylon lining. It was pretty easy and came out great. I think I'll try another one tomorrow and try to get it even more perfect! I have four more days of being alone during the day and need to find things to do. So if you ever hear me complain about my mom bugging me, remind me how lonely I was while she was gone. (PS I know she'll read this so don't worry, I'm not being mean when I say she bugs me. I bug her too. That's what happens when you live with someone you love and are with them all the time. Trust me.)

------

So friends, our count down is starting. Eight weeks until she is officially due but only five weeks until she is "full term." After 37 weeks, it's no holds barred and if she decides to make her debut, she will be allowed to do so. While I totally hope and believe she will make it to 40 weeks (and probably beyond), it's weird to think that she could come before that and be born as early as September 5th. I do think that it would be really cool if she was born on 09/10/11 and she would share a birthday with Thomas' mom (June's Meema). I know Junebug will make a fabulous debut when she decides the time is right. But let's start taking bets, when do YOU think June will make her appearance? I want dates and times, people! GO!

Your motivation is this baby gambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment